Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weights and measures

Many days, I can look at myself with a degree of objectivity. I am a human being. I have feelings and desires. I act on them, or choose not to. I am the sum of my choices and experience. I have successes and failures. I do the very best I can. I care, often more than I should. I am a mess, and a solution, and I'm complicated. We all are.

Then, on other days, I'm nothing more than a single number. There is nothing more to my identity than one number that I cannot be proud of. No matter how I fight to take the power from that number, I cannot seem to separate it from me. It is me. I am it.

On those days, it doesn't feel good.

This is one of those days. Excuse me while I count and curse myself.

2 comments:

Yexie said...

You are a number of wonder-full things. You are caring and beauty-full. You have a great job, a man who loves you, friends and family who love you dearly, bicycles for adventuring on the beach, an uncanny way with words, and great taste in wine, to name a few.

Love you.

ZombieBait said...

I totally get it.

Loves!