Just before my birthday, I went to Colorado Wine Company for their usual Friday tasting, and I discovered this wonderful wine -- Ponte de Lima "Adamado" Vinho Verde, Portugal.I don't really know wine terminology very well, so if you taste a bottle and want to quibble with my word choice, quibble away. It's crisp and a little citrusy. It has a lovely floral scent and a hint of effervescence. It's not overly sweet, just bright, refreshing and very easy to drink.
I bought a couple of bottles to share with friends for a small birthday gathering. We ended up drinking both of them with our early arrivals. (It pays to show up early!)
One of my boyfriend's best friends was really excited to get a taste of this. He said he'd been looking for good vinho verde since he'd last been to Portugal. (He leads a much more glamourous life than I do!) So, we poured generously, and told him to look no further than CoWineCo.
I did some google searching on this wine to see what the experts say. Apparently, Bon Appetit has rated this one of the Great Bargain Bottles. Clocking in a 10 percent, this is considered a more low alcohol wine, which just makes it even more drinkable. The experts recommend drinking it with seafood.
I recommend drinking it with friends and whatever munchies you have on hand. And soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment