Wednesday, October 5, 2011

List Break

I find lists comforting. I make them. I don't always use them to their full potential, but sometimes, just seeing everything there is to do helps me feel a little more relaxed.

But, right now, the list of things I have to do is just overwhelming. So, instead, let's list the stuff I've gotten done this year.

1. Epic birthday party, complete with rock star karaoke moment in which complete strangers acted as my impromptu back-up dancers.

2. Paid off the most expensive piece of art I've ever purchased, a piece that I looked at for more than a year before finally making it my own.

3. Paid down credit card significantly. Charged back up. Paid back down again. And charged back up. And now am paying down again.

4. Epic trip to Las Vegas that included seeing TWO Cirque de Soleil shows (O and KA), an amazing chef's tasting menu dinner, trip to the spa at Ceasars, and getting a complete outfit from the Betsey Johnson store.

5. Epic trip to Las Vegas that also included conceiving a child.

6. Got engaged!

7. Worked Renaissance Faire in fabulous new costume, managed not to kill anyone.

8. Learned new meaning of pregnancy scare: when one is pregnant and has bleeding. Survived it. Handled it with aplomb, even.

9. Planned a wedding. IN JUST THREE MONTHS. While working. While being pregnant.

10. Got married.

11. Went to Cabo for honeymoon.

12. Found a new place to live.

13. Started packing up boxes.

14. Figured out most of the things I will need for the baby.

15. Learned how to cook risotto. Kinda pales in comparison to the other things, but -- it was cooking risotto using stock I made myself from a chicken that I roasted myself that got Jeff into feeling this whole family thing more. Plus, a list of 15 just FEELS better than a list of 14.

So, there you have it. Stuff I've done this year so far.

2 comments:

ZombieBait said...

16. Still managed to be an incredible loving and supportive friend through everything else that you have been going through.

I love you.
You are amazing.

This Chrysalis said...

I may be amazing...but you could teach an advanced class in being amazing. For doctoral students in the amazing arts.

I love you, my wonderful, awesome friend.