I was going to start this entry by pointing out that my shrink - yeah, I have one, too - thinks I'm mildly depressed. But that wouldn't be focusing on the good stuff, would it? It would be contrary to the whole positive focus thing I'm trying for here.
So...
On to the good things.
Good Thing Number One: The Melting Pot is Pasadena is offering unlimited chocolate fondue on Tuesday in honor of the Inauguration. They're also knocking about $20 off the cost of one of their schmancy dinner packages. While I will not be gorging myself on melted cheese and chocolate, just knowing this is out there makes my heart all warm, gooey and melty. Though, not in a way that would allow you to dip bread in it...
Good Thing Number Two: Colorado Wine Company. Or, CoWineCo. Go to their Web site: http://www.cowineco.com/ It's fun. They sent me their newsletter, and their little rant on grammer made me laugh. I love this place, and I hope everyone buys lots of wines from them so they stay in business through this crappy economy. But, to end on a more positive note, they serve really wonderful wines, will tell you about them without going all wine snob on you and their tastings are reasonably priced and fun. I hope to go today.
Good Thing Number Three: I obtained permission to leave a little early today because of my birthday.
Good Thing Number Four: I'm reading the Harry Potter books. I didn't read them when they were hyped. I'm not going to buy myself a Hermione costume, develop a crush on Snape, write slash fic or get myself a pet bird and name it Hedwig or anything like that. But the books are fun reads. I'm on the last one. And I know a bunch of the characters who die. Not personally. I mean, I know they are coming to their ficticious ends.
Good Thing Number Five: I'm getting a laptop. YAY LAPTOP!
Good Thing Number Six: The Huntington. This year, I am going to spend more time at the Huntington.
Good Thing Number Seven: Special K Cereal. OK, it's not awesome, but I think a list with five things or seven things is better than a list with six.
I didn't update for a couple of weeks. I meant to blog about the awesomeness of Cafe Beaujolais on a Tuesday night, when they serve Beouf Bourgonon or however it's spelled. And also for thier blend of syrah and grenache wine. And also, the awesomness of walking there with my boyfriend, and walking back hand-in-hand in the cold. In fact, I was enjoying the crisp air and our conversation so much that I didn't mind the cold and wanted to walk more when we got home.
I am so lucky.
2 comments:
Good thing number 8: We get to celebrate you this weekend!!!
Good thing number 9 (because I like 9 better than 8...yes, I'm number prejudiced.): There will be a cover letter for you to look at (assuming you are still willing to help me.) on Monday. One step closer to a new beginning. Sorry that one is about me more than you. ;)
Great post! I love Special K, especially the "with berries" one. Mmmmm. I have never been to Melting Pot but have been meaning to try it. Another mmmmmm!
Happy Birthday Weekend My Friend! :)
Post a Comment